As I write this email, we have just completed our semi-annual WMF board meetings and I would like to share a brief update from 2018 and some amazing things coming for WMF in 2019!
The Executive Board, Ladies Executive Board, Mission Board, Central Ordination Council and State Directors all met and accomplished a great deal – and had some great fellowship in the process.
Some points of interest:
- WMF is growing – 51 new members added in 2018 – largest increase in over a decade
- Executive Board voted to give 10 % of all dues income to the Missions Fund
- Darrell Sutton confirmed as International Missions Director for additional 4 yr. term
- WMF Statement of Faith greatly expanded and updated to protect the scriptural foundation and moral Christian community priorities of WMF for the years ahead. See the updated Statement of Faith on our website.
- The Executive Board and the Central Ordination Council voted to move the Ordination Service to the Friday evening banquet in order to better serve and honor those called to ordination through WMF.
- Regional events scheduled:
- Tulsa, OK March 1-2, 2019
- Baltimore, MD April 5-6, 2019
- New York, NY Fall 2019 dates TBA
- Many state events to be held in addition to these Regional events dates TBA
- As a result of our Next Gen Cohort discussions last fall, it was recommended that we add more content options in this year’s Convocation. As a result, we will be offering a number of new breakout sessions to Convo 2019. Look for updated Convo 2019 details to be released soon!
I am very excited about all that God is doing in and through WMF around the world. Please make plans to join us in July and register for Convo 2019. You are not going to want to miss this one!
Wishing you all God’s best in 2019!
Dr. Tim McKitrick