We Belong to One Another
WE BELONG TO ONE ANOTHER
Dear WMF members,
I greet you in the mighty name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Two months have passed since Convocation, but the wonderful Spirit continues to linger on. I was grateful and honored when Brother Darrell Sutton asked me to assume the position of Assistant Director of International Missions. It is very humbling to work with and for World Ministry Fellowship and my brothers and sisters around the world in this capacity.
As missionaries ourselves, Brother Sutton and I understand how tough missionary work and life can be, and we also understand how important it is to have the support of your brothers and sisters in Christ. One of the goals of the International Missions Board is to be proactive in reaching out to you, our missionaries, finding out the needs, helping where we can, and undergirding you in prayer. We would like to be instrumental in bringing WMF missionaries together. You are part of a fellowship and that means you aren’t alone. I love what Paul writes in Romans 12:5, “We who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.” We belong to one another.
How does this play out for us? WMF has missionaries in nearly every corner of the world. We all have our own work, projects, needs and wants. It is easy to become overwhelmed and consumed by our own mission needs and feel isolated. But because we do belong to one another, I’d like to challenge you to periodically share your mission with the fellowship so we can rejoice with you in your victories, pray for your needs and even network together, (a cord of three strands is not easily broken).
While you are in the “fellowship” frame of mind, take a look at what your brothers and sisters in other parts of the world are doing. Take a moment to shoot them an email of encouragement and pray for them. In this way, you can participate in their mission, and WMF has just multiplied its effectiveness in the world. We want to hear from you! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org .
To get us started on this challenge, I would like to ask for prayer for my upcoming medical mission to Uganda Oct 21-30, with 18 people from 5 states.
1. Provision for all the medicines we will need in treating hundreds of people in three locations. (Medicines alone are $20,000).
2. Healing for all patients; body, soul and spirit
3. All details of facilitating this kind of group to come together as they should, flights, medicines, credentials, and everything in between. www.terriclarkministries.org
Other WMF Missionaries we can pray for:
Brazil: Paul and Ashley Perry email@example.com
1. Health (Paul has bad case of tendonitis)
2. House for an Amazon missions family ($10,000)
3. Slum and children’s camps. Read Newsletter for details: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Flowers-from-DIRT-.html?soid=1109117771523&aid=DNhUmu2lpSE
Philippines: Joe and Carolyn Beasley Fresh Oil Ministries firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Isis took over one of the cities in the North and the Pilipino military got it back with great loss of life. Pray Isis off the island and that it won’t affect the work there.
2. Joe’s Pilipino director age 52, while away planting a church had a stroke and in a coma. Pray total healing. He is much needed in the ministry.
El Salvador: Steve New, Light of Life International email@example.com Steve has an upcoming Crusade in Santa Tecla, El Salvador October 23-29. There is a tremendous hunger and amazing open door for God in El Salvador. They are answering the call from local pastors to reach their nation. Pray for Kingdom breakthrough to impact the nation and Holy Spirit to be poured out. www.loli.org
Sister Terri Clark
Assistant Director of International Missions